nominee 5 of 6
like or reblog this post to vote buffy the vampire slayer as best fandom forever!
Wheelchair fund update!
So I raised a grand
and then gofundme shut me down
but then i sent them a stern email
and it’s back!
So I thought I’d make a fresh post about it to put out there on the internet. Here’s what’s going to happen with the money I get donated
- i will wrangle it from paypal somehow
- it will be spent on a good quality, good model electric wheelchair that suits my needs somewhere in the next few months (as i do not live somewhere accessible, I may put off buying it until I’ve moved)
- funds left over from the wheelchair purchase, if any, will go towards:
-Music Therapy - I did music therapy for years (piano, voice) and it helped my anxiety and mood/cognition problems. After not doing it for a few years, I’ve noticed a lot of backsliding. I will be getting an entry level cello (around $800) and putting some money away for lessons. I likely won’t buy anything outright, but will save a few hundred to put towards this.
-Art therapy - this will go one of two ways, depending. Either it will go to my learning photography, or towards a graphics tablet. Art therapy has been my go-to since childhood, and now I’m cut off from it, my stress levels are extreme and there are many emotions I don’t know how to express
- And the rest will go to charities, such Guide Dogs Australia. Charities will be rigorously assessed for their ethics and background to make sure money isn’t going where people who are assholes will get it. The majority of money I don’t need immediately will be donated to people in need and the charities that help them.
I DO NOT want to keep anything for myself if it can do good elsewhere -whether it be to charities, people in need or other personal crowdfunding for other trans* and disabled people.
If you could please signal boost this, since it’s added info and whatnot, that would be great.
And if you know any deserving causes or organisations, please don’t hesitate to message me here or (if it’s urgent or you have a question) on my roleplay blog. If you message me off anon, it will be kept private. when I have what I need, I will do my best to share what I’ve been given.
fanmix yourself template by:samantha & meghan
01. a song that makes you want to fall in love 02. your favorite pump up song 03. your favorite song to rock out to 04. a song that reminds you of summer 05. your favorite cover of a song 06. a song you sing in the shower 07. a song that reminds you of someone 08. what you want your wedding song to be 09. your favorite 90s/2000s song 10. a song to heal a heartbreak 11. your favorite song from a girl group 12. a song you know all the lyrics to 13. your favorite oldies rock song 14. a song by your favorite artist 15. a song that you like to fall asleep to 16. a song that makes you feel invincible 17. a song that makes you feel better when you’re down 18. your favorite holiday song 19. a song that is from a genre of music you don’t usually listen to 20. a song you associate with your favorite book
Terri Conley, professor of psychology and women’s studies at the University of Michigan ( link )
Or possibly the real reason is that we cannot be sure that we won’t get off. At least that’s my reason. I’m not against casual sex - I’m against that most times I don’t get off and therefore there’s no reason to initiate a casual encounter. Look I love sex, but I want to get something out of it if I’ going to do it and there’s no point if that’s not going to happen.
FUNKO FINALLY DID IT OH MY GOD I AM SO HAPPY GIVE IT TO ME NOW.
I NEED FIVE
I NEED THIS NOW
Hey, my name is Cat. I’m a twenty-year-old nonbinary person from the Wiradjuri nation, living in Melbourne, and I need help. I have had fibromyalgia for five years. I have had chronic fatigue since childhood. I am autistic. Because of all of these factors, I am unable to qualify for a governm…
Hey, my name is Cat. I’m a twenty-year-old nonbinary person from the Wiradjuri nation, living in Melbourne, and I need help.
I have had fibromyalgia for five years. I have had chronic fatigue since childhood. I am autistic. Because of all of these factors, I am unable to qualify for a government pension, despite trying for years. As such, I more or less depend on the generosity of others.
My condition is rapidly degenerating. I do not live in an accessable apartment, or an area that is easily navigatable for a person with mobility issues.
In short, I need enough money for a fairly expensive electric wheelchair. Such chairs can cost upwards of $5000. My parents have decided not to help me, and my partner and I can’t afford it alone. A wheelchair would open up so much for me - I will be able to go out for a whole day instead of two hours, I will be able to go grocery shopping alone, I will be able to spend time with friends.
"I love Dean"
Who Dean? Supernatural Dean? Gilmore Girls Dean?
No Iron Giant Dean
No but hear me out.
Laverne Cox as Wonder Woman